St. John The Evangelist Faith Formation
Phone: 631.878.4141 / Fax: 631.874.6065
Facebook: StJohn FaithFormation
Confirmation 1-8 program (revised on 8/10/2017)
Contact information for the DRE, Michelle Piragglia, 631.878.4141 or email us at the confirmation email address of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email any scheduling change requests before the sessions meet. Please note that parents (one or both) and students are to attend the shrine kick-off session together.
Group A: last name = A - L.
- The parent/student kick-off session is Saturday, August 19, from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. at the Shrine of our Lady of the Island in Eastport, N.Y.
- Sunday/Wednesday sessions: Epic Story Sunday, September 10 at 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
- Outward signs: Wednesday, September 20 from 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
- The Deep End: Sunday, September 24 at 5:30 p.m. mass - 8:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
- The Journey Continues: Wednesday, October 4 from 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
- Reconciliation service will be Wednesday, October 11 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.
Group B: last name = M - Z.
- Parent/student kick-off session: Saturday, August 26 from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. at the Shrine of our Lady of the Island in Eastport, N.Y.
- Sunday/Wednesday sessions: Epic Story Wednesday, September 13 from 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.in the auditorium.
- Outward Signs: Sunday, September 17 5:30 p.m. mass - 8:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
- The Journey Continues: Wednesday, September 27 from 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
- The Deep End: Sunday, October 1 from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.in the auditorium.
- Reconciliation Service: Wednesday, October 18 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.
Faith Registration Office Hours
- Monday - Tuesday and Thursday: noon - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: noon - 8 p.m.
- A Spanish translator will be available in June on: Wednesdays, 5 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. / Thursdays, 3 p.m. until 5 p.m.
For more information, please contact our office through information above. Thank you for your dedication and support as we continue to enhance and grow our program for the youth of our community.
help us Notify You
Do we have your email address?
The Office of Faith Formation is moving to email notifications. If you have not yet given us
your email address, please do so as soon as possible. When possible, we also send closing
announcements via email, so be sure to provide us with your email to receive these notices.
Faith Formation Forms
Registration is Underway
St. John the Evangelist’s Religious Education program serves our parish youth (nearly 1,800 students), beginning in first grade, and their families as they grow in faith and prepare for the Sacraments. Registration for the 2017-2018 academic year will begin in June this year. Those who are entering grade 1, as well as those with children who may not have been in religious education for awhile, are welcome to register this June. For families already in our program, you will be notified about your child’s class placement via email and through a mailing over the summer. To register in our Faith Formation program, please bring a copy of the child’s baptismal certificate (or a copy of their birth certificate if they were not baptized). Please also be sure that you are a registered member with our parish. If you aren’t already, please contact the rectory at 631.878.0009.
Pay For Faith Formation Classes
Help Wanted: Can You Give Back?
Are you looking for a way to serve our community? We are always looking for parishioners to help teach our young people about the faith. You don’t have to be a theologian — simply have a desire to share the faith and be willing to relate it to our youth. Can’t make a weekly commitment? Perhaps you can be a part of our substitute catechist group! If you are interested, please contact us at 631.878.4141 or via email at email@example.com.
Rite of acceptance
- Our offices are located upstairs in the Red Barn.
- Our program begins when students enter First Grade.
- When registering your child, please bring their baptismal certificate (or birth certificate if they were not baptized). Only a parent/guardian may register a child in our program.
- For parents of students already registered in our program, you will be notified about your child’s class placement via email and through a mailing over the summer. Any placement change requests must be made in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beginning this academic year, our 1st Communion preparation (Levels 1 and 2) is now in-parish only (classroom setting) on Saturday mornings. All Sacramental prep is two years