St. John The Evangelist
Roman Catholic Church, Center Moriches, N.Y.
“Repay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God.” Matthew 22:21
Twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time: October 22, 2017
St. John's Ministry of Consolation
This ministry reaches out in a variety of ways to those who have recently faced the death of someone they love. The wonderful women and men who offer their time in this ministry — as well as our office staff — do a wonderful job in ministering to those in need. We are in need of more help as we seek to grow the Ministry of Consolation. We are in need of parishioners to come forward as:
- Liturgical Ministers (greeters, servers, extraordinary ministers and readers)
- Cakebakers (willing to make a small dessert for a family who has suffered a loss)
- Worship Aid Makers (able to update our mass program for each funeral, involves light computer and possibly copier use)
- Organizers (able to assign tasks to those who have offered their time) and
- Companions (meeting with a family who has suffered a loss to assist with choosing readings, hymns, etc. and being present on the day of the funeral).
- If you’re able to help or want to find out more information, contact Fr. John at email@example.com.
Like And Follow - SJE on Facebook
Directions to St. John The Evangelist R.C. Church
Street Address: 25 Ocean Avenue, Center Moriches, New York, 11934
© St. John The Evangelist Roman Catholic Church. Center Moriches, NY.